Saturday, October 13, 2018

Palomino: picking up the scent of magic

" The bumpy envelope with flowing script arrived today. OOOOH lala. The PostItNotes are portable magic, and the pencil ... Palomino. Oh my, it's been so long since I have received a pencil as smooth on the page as she is. All of this made such a difference in the tone of my day which was headed for the cliffs before the bumpy envelope arrived.
So thank you so much!! I love the magic and will make more LUNCH and stuff with my Palomino."

I sent the message above to a virtual friend, a person I met via the cyberworld years ago, and someone that is becoming more known, more real, to me as we communicate in a more old school sort of way. Messages sent in the post with chosen cards and fillings that have personal meanings and surprisingly magical connections feed us ... like LUNCH.

This is



what caused the 'bump' in my envelope. And truly, I had never received a pencil as smooth on the page as she. On the pencil was written: PALOMINO BLACKWING 1. After writing with my Palomino pencil, I sat at the keys and let the webs of connection take me here, where I discovered just what a piece of magic I had received.

WOW! AND WOW!
"some of the world’s most legendary Grammy, Emmy, Pulitzer and Academy Award winners have created with Blackwing pencils. The list of known users includes John Steinbeck, Stephen Sondheim, Leonard Bernstein and Chuck Jones, who proudly used Blackwings to create Bugs Bunny and countless other Looney Tunes characters...
"Claimed by many to be the best writing utensil in the world, Blackwing pencils are famous for the quality of graphite, iconic shape, and the men and women whose works they’ve inspired throughout the years. Building upon the popularity of Blackwing pencils, Palomino recently released a unique line of luxury notebooks, sketchbooks and folios that help inspire your ideas from pencil to paper, from cultivation to culmination. - The Blackwing Story
The scent of magic and the possibilities for LUNCH unfold with glimmers of what will become solid in the future. I consider the forecast astrologicast for this weekend:

"... Communications, mind, and attitude are deep and gooey with a tangy intellectual underside. Desire and motive retread some rough ground with a taste for the power and taboo of something not easily spoken. Something is churned up. That’s not a bad thing. Something is brought up from the depths, something we didn’t have words for before. Now we can form those words, those concepts, those attitudes. Something old meets something new, and we glean some understanding that informs new motivation… eventually.
For now we churn it up, vomit it up perhaps. It depends on what’s under there. But we really need to look. Get it up and out where we can investigate...
Have you considered leaving that crap in the past and just working on a whole new model of doing business (or love or friendship or family…)?" - Satori
With my Palomino pencil already worn from her first ride across the Morning Pages of today's hand-written landscape, I am considering just that question. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your positive words are welcome here.