Monday, October 1, 2018

MONDAY LUNCH

To appreciate what LUNCH is, I'm starting the week and the month with 'Monday Lunch'. It feels like a good way to 'husband optimism' as Julia Cameron suggests.

I learned something today. There's so much to learn. How lucky. I still can:) Thanks Kalei Nu'uhiwa for the link to the video about "Analemma".

And then there's this week's Satori Horoscope, with these two lines that are the delicious part.

"Gravity is a boundary. We’re so used to working with gravity as a beneficial boundary that we forget."
It's really something (what an understatement) to fall. The humbling and the physicality of falling is brining up all kinds of old feelings about myself, about how I relate to the world and the people in my world. The slow day to day and moment to moment stages of healing is not new to me; but this fall is new. I give it due respect and sit at the keys for LUNCH.

Three months ago I made a commitment to step away from sugar. To do it I began eating using the Abascal Way.  Quieting inflammation is at the core of this eating plan. It's working for me. I've lost a few pounds, am not eating sugars and am feeling quiet(er) on the inside as my relationship to food works one day at a time. It's funny. I come to the keys, and to the way I eat differently because of the Abascal principles and practices. I come for lunch differently. Clever Gods.

And, three weeks ago I picked up an old habit and practice I had let slip; a good one to return to. Morning Pages. The link to Julia Cameron's website is here, and over the next little while I may return to these blog pages to document what I'm learning; how it feels; what comes up; and what goes down. Cameron says often and in many different ways that the pages siphon off negativity when we write as soon as we get up. Without the pages to receive the hand-written words (3 pages-worth) the negativity is like a slow, but constant, drip drip drip. An IV of the worse sort for someone like me (and Cameron) who really does need to be emotionally sober one day at a time, all the time.

Yesterday, two very dear friends drove a very long way to visit us during the Farmers' Market. We have known each other since the early 90's and been through so much together over the years. A VISIT, a spontaneous and surprising gift. That's optimism in the works. Thank you so much JT and Lana!

Glad to be here as October begins. With Raven and all the Winged Ones having such a ruckus time in the strong Autumn winds, I am grateful. I experiment with 'husbanding optimism'. The Birds are a terrific role model. Exhuberant. Now there's optimism and a beautiful flavor for LUNCH.

In for optimism for LUNCH?

xo Moki


1 comment:

  1. This design is incredible! You certainly know how to keep
    a reader entertained. Between your wit and your videos,
    I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost...HaHa!) Fantastic job.
    I really enjoyed what you had to say, and more than that,
    how you presented it. Too cool!

    ReplyDelete

Your positive words are welcome here.