Wednesday, October 3, 2018

TUESDAY LUNCH

TUNE-UP Documentation
(Applying the astrology Satori offers here, I use LUNCH to document what I am finding in my personal 'Resources' Hope chest ... using the energy of Venus going retrograde come this Friday. I'm sensitive, so I use the energy even before it comes.)

"Retrograde planets retrace previously covered territory, allowing us to readdress the issues raised. It allows for mastery of the subject. If we go on and on collecting new experiences without stopping to reflect or consolidate, vital components could be lost. Retrograde periods give us a chance to capitalize on what we’ve amassed or even catch up on what we may have missed.


Tuesday, the Cancer Moon creates a grand trine in water with Venus and Neptune. It then goes on to oppose Pluto and square Mercury as Mercury squares Pluto exact. Venus is Libra Mercury’s sign ruler. Pluto is Scorpio Venus’ sign ruler. The Moon mitigates. Pay attention to how you feel… about what you think… about what you desire. The information may feel disturbing. You may not like or feel satisfied by what you hear from others.
But take it in. You may even benefit from documenting what you think, feel, and want. Jarring communications or thoughts that feel shameful don’t have to be that big a deal. They’re information. Don’t take them to heart, just pay attention to the meaning. The meaning is what will be important to gaining mastery."

The kitchen clock ticks loudly. Commuter traffic has started, cars are on the move for the Clinton Ferry. Yesterday we were on our way into that traffic in time to catch the 7:30 AM Kittatas for Mukilteo, and on to the roads and freeway leading to Seattle. We were headed for my appointment with my long-time practitioner and healer C.C. This is the woman who worked with me to 'test, clear' and provide me options for choosing materials to build a safe-for-us home; she was working with the issues of MCS using NAET. Sounds like code. Is code. This woman is a provider of options and a wizard with tune-ups.

Though this is rush hour, we made the commute in good time with thirty minutes to park in the neighborhood where C.C. has recently moved her practice. It's a home office setting. When Pete and I finally left the Subaru heading in separate directions I was thrilled and excited to see a HUGE Pine, maybe Ponderosa, guarding the entrance to the walk-up leading to the office. Foot long pine needle dancers piled into small mounds. Can you imagine the glee? I was ecstatic.

My ninety-minutes with C.C. was classic. We engage in a Chinese-fed pitch of give and take. My voice rises to match hers. The cadance is like being in China Town Honolulu. I am at home. I describe my current conditions of concern. The fall. I describe it with the outside story and inside story. C.C. scans my body and muscle tests me with her uniquely developed sense of intuition and science and add two areas: Liver and Neck/Shoulders/Back.

When I fell I hit a plastic bucket with my ribs, my ribs hit my liver. The ground caught my palms, knees and boot tops.

When I fell I was thinking about: our 'place' here where we live and the comfort or resistance of community members to our role here; and, there was an issue of cultural appropriation going on in the town were we live. Two deeply unsettling issues. "Aww, your liver is not happy. We'll clear for grief, and then check for what else is making your liver unhappy." Clearing grief using NAET based technique and meaningful conversation greatly reduced the pain. Then, C.C. sorted through chemicals or toxics that might have piled up in the liver. She found 'fumes' (auto exhaust); we live along the major highway on Whidbey Island. While the accupunture needles press on the places that create flow, I lie back and consider what I've learned and let go. Relax.

The neck and back of the head discomfort from falling, and the week's earlier whiplash from the broken back of the lawn chair has the fascia all knotted up after the initial spasms. C.C. calls out a word in Chinese, I can't spell but it translates to something like "skin scraping."

"Do you have Chinese soup spoons?"
"Not any more," I answer.
"Okay, I have some, I bought for 50cents. I'll show you what to do and you can do it on yourself, or Pete can do it for you."

C.C. leaves and returns with a freshly washed white porcelain soup spoon. Very familiar utensil I have always (until now) had but with the many moves, they have been lost, given away, no longer part of the daily life. Using the edge of the smooth soup spoon C.C. scrapes at the skin where I say I have tightness. The simple action of a spoon held close to the skin and easily angled to a muscle or tendon that is tight is 'worked' or 'scraped.' The action is simple. Very 'Chinese' ... from my perspective I can say that because I AM CHINESE and know Chinese when I see/feel it. Again, I come to see C.C. partly (a big part) because she is like me. I relate.

After the scraping C.C. muscle-tests me for strength and indeed my ability to withstand (hold) against her downward push is stronger than before the spoon action.

The integrated experiment of care and attentiveness I receive is just what I need. There is conversation to consider relating to both the issues that were on my mind before I fell over the low fence. I have information and I options. The options that were previously unknown to me are the most valuable part of the treatments with C.C.

I write her a check that is a gift from Pete's sister. Thank C.C. and she says, "Call me whenever." And I pat her on the back in a sisterly, light-hearted way because that's what I feel. Margaret's gift covers the treatment, plus the ferry ride, and there is left over to have LUNCH. We sit in the car and consider our options. YES, OPTIONS FOR LUNCH.

We decide on Cedars. What a great choice!! Spicy Indian Food and Gracious Service. We don't do spicy enough, and gracious service?  That combo is such grease for the wheel that too often is filled with old habits.

Cedars Restaurant. Great place to lunch, obviously. When we arrived at 11:00 AM the lobby was piled with take out carriers ready for a driver to pack and deliver to workers at their desks. It was an awesome sight. The place was too freshly cleaned with icky-for-us stuff, but the manager was uber GRACIOUS. We choice to order take-out.

"Give us a couple minutes, please sit."
"We'll sit outside," I said matching his gracious manner. Calming myself from the smell of cleaners, I thought of the food and the nice man serving us inspite of the business he was busy with.

"Yes, please take these chairs. Nice weather here. And, how about chai. Chai on the house."

"No thank you," I didn't think I could manage it. But Pete did, and wow, how he did love it!

Graciousness. Graciousness is such a wonderful character to add to LUNCH.

The food was delicious. We drove a short distance to eat in Good Shepard Park, a Pesticide-free park we have picnicked at with our Seattle MCS friends. LUNCH was grand. The sound of Waldorf kids at recess was background music. Crows called for their share, and we left them naan bits.

TUESDAY LUNCH was a very good experience.

And, what did I see this morning (Wednesday)?

Fall's first frost and lots and lots of Spider Webs on the Earth and in the sky.
Magic in the making.





Thank you Akua! Publish







No comments:

Post a Comment

Your positive words are welcome here.