Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Considering the shape of hope

Hope is like a road in the country: there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence.
- Lin Yutang
 

An 8-sided shape gives lots of people, lots of options for contributing to what the bumper sticker on our Subaru says:
 
 
 I'm at the keys in our Quonset with the door shut against the sound of machines clear-cutting trees across the road. I have sent the prayers, done pikai (sprinkling salt water) across all corners of the space and though there's a kink in the left side of my neck I consider the shape of hope. I imagine the shape of hope where many who are particularly 'sensitive' with conditions like MCS can be in public spaces season in season out. If you are interested in learning more about growing that space join Pete and me when we pitch the storytelling tent once more... coming in October, 2014.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your positive words are welcome here.