Saturday, January 4, 2014

Riding in on the (Year of the) Horse

We finished building our moveable tiny home Vardo For Two in 2009, The Year of the Ox. Pete (born in the Year of the Ox) and our friends Doug and Lois parked in the ferry lane bound for our first landing on the Kitsap Peninsula.
This is not us, but it is a vardo drawn by horses in a ferry lane. It's now 2014, The Year of the Horse. 

I discovered a new website authored by Susan Levitt and find her information and her style to be clear and confident with a strong Pisces-influence. As with most of what I write, I start with a seed idea that has been intuitively informed and begin. The search and discovery phase is one of the most enjoyable stages of creating, it's all about play! and fuels me for the writing itching to be put down. Levitt is Pisces-a-plenty with a website to promotes her intuitive-psychic signature quite beautifully, I think. Here's just a snip from what Susan Levitt writes about the Year of the Wooden Horse, 2014.

"Keep in mind this year that Horse energy is free spirited, wild, willful, and independent. Horse has a refined instinct that acts fast, on the spot, unlike Horse’s opposite the Rat who thinks and plans before acting. The time for pondering and planning was 2013 Snake year. Horse year is time to act fast, buy that home, launch that business, travel the world, make a big purchase, get a promotion at work, have a breakthrough – take a leap and fly. If it’s right, then there’s nothing to think about. Just follow instincts. Even if you miss the mark, you’ll have all of Wood Sheep year 2015 to get cozy and enjoy life’s comforts in all their artistic forms."
My husband and I are an Ox and a Pig. We are different in big ways with our gifts that spread the joy of being fully alive. The Ox is steady and hard-working and being Cancer as well it is his greatest desire to be steadily helpful and nurturing to his kit and kin. Family is at the core for a Cancerian. The wheeled home we live in was built by that Ox-infused energy, it's that same energy that has found ways and means of making known his qualities where we have nested. He volunteers, he helps people move, he anticipates the next step and plods ahead. Born in the Year of Pig I love a cozy, fun place to be. Partying (used to be) such fun for me. Love of a cozy home remains what I cherish, and partying not so much. What happens for a Scorpio-Pig is an interesting thing: feeling all the deep and often dark places of mucking about in the dirt (which is what "Earth" means ... dirt!) I age with the awareness of being honestly at home. My sensitivities to chemical over-use and a highly artificially fragranced world challenges me to find peace (home) with the ordinary. One day, one night at a time the ordinary makes itself known and loved and I learn to hear them because as botanist and inventor born into slavery George Washington Carver knew "If you love it enough, anything will speak to you." Through the experiences of being ill and sensitive to the ordinary, I am learning to listen, hear, and write it down/give it back. It's the exchange of gifts that is the common magic.

The Year of the Horse brings quick changes according to Levitt's description above, for those born in the year of Horse, it's the instinctive wisdom of responding that allows a seasoned jumping horse to fly from one edge of a precipice to the other side as if guided. And, in fact, the horse can do that. I look at the grace and speed of horses and am amazed at them but know them very little. Only once have I ridden a horse, and I was never in sync with it and still wear a worn tailbone from the long ago trail ride. Such is it for a pig. Instead of being one of those creatures who is involved with the quick and free spirited independents of 2014, I will probably make my way into the Year of the Wood Horse content to explore the creativity of common magic that has began to write itself through me. Winter has seasoned The Safety Pin Cafe, tempering the old habits that linger, impatience among them. In place of some of that impatience I am relishing the gifts of being more fully present. Exchanging the carbon dioxide of my breath with the oxygen rich gifts the trees give me. Appreciative and grateful to the waves of the internet world, the first medicine story has been ready more than 300 times. Who you are readers, I know of only a few. But ... it makes no never mind thank you all!

The medicine of story is a consistent gift, and one that I give thanks for because I love to play with it and it loves being played with. The second part of The Safety Pin Cafe is mostly finished, but I postponed opening it up to be read on the 1st of January. It seems that story wants to begin with the Year of the Horse. Look for it to be my gift to readers coming with the second new moon of the Gregorian Calendar, Chinese New Year, very nearly midnight January 30, 2014. The Joy Weed Journal is its name, and those private writings will be available here on January 31, 2014.

The Joy Weed Journal ... medicine story #2 rides in on the Year of the Horse



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your positive words are welcome here.