I’ve just finished reading Julie Leong’s second novel, The Keeper of Magical Things. What started as a slow read caught fire on day two and I’m inspired by her conclusion.
When the bronze safety pin caught my attention on the post office floor I picked it up and began to imagine a place I’d love to know. A good story rich with metaphor and myth must include the common and familiar to increase understanding and broad fire starters for people of many different intelligences. The safety pin was it for this myth. My Ma used them for many reasons and seasons; no explanations holding up her pants or closing a shirt where a bottom had been.
Without spilling the beans from Leong’s novel I’m marking a potential on my spider web of Sacred Hearts. The common practice I’m recognizing as a safety pin for a future project: libraries. The title of the novel is the neon sign. I’m healing from a bout or flare up of inflammations and part of my recovery is to imagine a kind of library… what kind? We’ll see❤️🩹🥰💜
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your positive words are welcome here.