Thursday, February 14, 2019

Lunch @ the P.I.N. is coming this Year of the Pig, 2019

People Indigenous Now 
(P.I.N.)

What began as a medicine story written on Forest Lane on an island in the middle of the Salish Sea grew into a storytelling gathering held in the summers on the Prairie Front on that same island in the Salish Sea.

Now years later, the roots and twigs of that medicine story distill into the stuff that an old woman with Indigenous Roots must share... lunch! Those of us who do carry the kuleana, the responsibilities of remembering, keep our promises by reminding other human beings (who have a tendency to forget).

Lunch @ the P.I.N. are opportunities to remember to remember.


To Begin:

Listen, hear and watch, mother, teacher, writer, Potawatomi sister Robin Wall Kimmerer


Then:

Re-wind and focus most intently on the Q &A Section of Robin Wall Kimmerer's talk "We the People ..."
It is the final minutes that holds the water, the essence, of what Lunch @ the P.I.N. is all about; asking and answering with Native awareness these questions, "If we are not indigenous, and do not have the right to (appropriate indigenous practices) 'How do we come into contact with ceremony that is authentic; and, why is ceremony important?'

❤️
A Calendar and description of Lunch @ the P.I.N. Gatherings/Classes will be available sometime this year. Kimmerer's book Braiding Sweetgrass along with my personal journey as elder-in-training in the Kanaka Maoli culture (Hawaiian); and issues included on the sidebar "Spot and Learn" (to your right on this blog) will be important parts of "Lunch @ the P.I.N."

We need your help to serve up Lunch @ the P.I.N. 

Do you have a place to host a fragrance free and chemical free small gathering?
Are you, or do you know Indigenous artists, elders, young people who have story to share in small intimate gatherings?
Would you like to be a Patron and Supporter of Lunch @ the P.I.N.?

IF YOU'VE ANSWERED 'YES' to any or all of these questions please contact us.

E Ola Mau, to life ongoing!
Mokihana Calizar and Pete Little


360-632-2250 (Text or Phone)
Email mokihanacalizarATgmailDOTcom


 




16 comments:

  1. What's up i am kavin, its my first occasion to commenting anywhere, when i read this article
    i thought i could also make comment due to
    this sensible piece of writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the admin of this site is in fact working hard for his site, since here every data is quality based stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The text in your content
    seem to be running off the screen in Internet explorer. I'm not sure if
    this is a formatting issue or something to do with browser compatibility but I thought I'd post
    to let you know. The design look great though! Hope you get the problem resolved soon.
    Many thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you ever thought about publishing an ebook or guest
    authoring on other websites? I have a blog based on the same information you discuss
    and would love to have you share some stories/information. I know my subscribers would appreciate
    your work. If you're even remotely interested, feel free to send me an email.

    ReplyDelete
  5. І'm more than happy to find this great site. I want to tο thank you for onnes timee just for this fantastic read!!

    I definitely really liked every bit of it and i alsso have you boⲟk marked
    to seee new things оn your web site.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter
    updates. I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping
    maybe you would have some experience with something like this.
    Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy
    reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This paragraph provides clear idea designed for the new viewers of blogging, that genuinely how to do blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there! Someone in my Myspace group shared this site with us so I came to check it out.
    I'm definitely loving the information. I'm book-marking and will be tweeting
    this to my followers! Outstanding blog and great
    style and design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is an extremely well written article.
    I will be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your
    useful info. Thanks for the post. I'll definitely return.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was recommended this website by my cousin. I am
    not sure whether this post is written by him as no one else know such detailed about my trouble.
    You're incredible! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This post will assist the internet users for creating new web site or even a
    weblog from start to end.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been surfing online more than 3 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours.
    It is pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all webmasters
    and bloggers made good content as you did, the net will be much more useful than ever before.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, I do believe this is a great web site.
    I stumbledupon it ;) I will come back yet again since I book-marked it.

    Money and freedom is the greatest way to change, may you be rich and
    continue to help others.

    ReplyDelete

  14. Very enjoyable to visit this blog and find something exciting and amazing.

    How to Use a Dremel to Cut Glass?

    ReplyDelete

Your positive words are welcome here.